I woke up this morning to hear the Oliver Postgate has died, which makes me very sad.
His childrens Tv shows changed my life and my childrens so we wish him well wherever it is he is off to next.
He had a great website as well, was very politically minded.
Anyone who is involved in the upcoming climate negotations in Poland might, in memory of him and all his amazing work, want to read this essay from 2006Political Reality
9 December 2008
Messenger man, and
Armagideon time. - All The Way
Earth, Roots and Water
Tougher than tough/iroy/glen brown
Do your thing vers.
Chosen few - federal and harry j studios
How can a man be happy
Barry brown - living as a brother
Toots and the maytals
Pass the pipe
The congos -
Ltj bukem- logical progression
Knowledge - straight outta trenchtown
6 December 2008
what we might be listening to in the office,
`'you know, at work"
"oh.. right. is that what you call it?"..........
1. One Ting (Dabrye Remix) >King Midas Sound >Cool Out (Dabrye / Flying Lotus Remix)
2. Serious Times (Truth & Soul Vocal Version) >Gyptian >These Are Some Serious Times
3. Indian Thick Jawns feat. P.E.A.C.E >Diplo >Florida
5. Pathwayz >Digital Mystikz
6. Double Checked > Sascha Funke
7. Bad Boy Lick A New Shot >Ninjaman, Bounty Killer, Beenie Man and Ninja Ford
8. Ick Muss Aus Dit Millieu Heraus >Paul Kalkbrenner
9. harrowdown logic jump rmx
10. Air (Featuring Doom) >Dabrye >Two/Three
11. Angels And Demons At Play >Sun Ra
12. Press The Trigger >Poison Chang >Rumble In The Jungle
13. South Rakkas Crew Remix >The Bug >Poison Dart
14. Encoded Flow (Featuring Kadence) >Dabrye >Two/Three
15. Pussyole (Old Skool) >Dizzee Rascal >Maths + English
16. >John Adams eerrrr... stuff
28 November 2008
Ed and Philip will rejoin Neil Finn in a follow up to the acclaimed Seven Worlds Collide project at the end of the year. Together with members of the original line up and other artists, the 'supergroup' will record an album of entirely new material in support of international development organisation Oxfam.
The original Seven Worlds Collide line up was Neil Finn, Ed O'Brien, Phil Selway, guitar supremo Johnny Marr, Soul Coughing bassist Sebastian Steinberg, songwriter and violinist Lisa Germano, and Liam Finn. Other artists joining the project include Jeff Tweedy, John Stirrat, Glenn Kotche and Pat Sansone from Wilco, and New Zealand songwriters Bic Runga and Don McGlashan. Behind the mixing desk will be master recording engineer Jim Scott. More names will be added to the lineup in the coming weeks.
The album will be recorded over the next few months in Auckland and is due for release in 2009. Like its predecessor, the project will also see a series of concerts featuring many of the artists included in the line up. The shows will take place in Auckland early in the New Year. Details will be announced soon.
Neil Finn said "Seven years ago I invited a few friends and fellow musicians to do a special series of concerts in New Zealand under the banner Seven Worlds Collide. The concerts were an amazing experience for all of us and we are delighted to have found an opportunity to gather again, this time to expand the concept and the line up too. What will make these sessions particularly meaningful is that all the proceeds of this recording will go to support the continuing great work of Oxfam International."
17 November 2008